GCP is here to stay! All our campaigning has been successful and Gordon Community Preschool has a 5 year lease. Such exciting news! Stay tuned for more details ...
We are currently full, all spaces are accounted for and classes settled. However, please call Lisa or Felicity on 9498 4114 for more information in regards to 2017 places. Come and collect your enrolment pack from GCP today. Click here to view the fees.
Week 8 - 29/11 B2 and Y2 Wahroonga Park Excursion and 1/12 - G2 and R2 Wahroonga Park excursion
Week 9 - Uniform days and Australian Museum Excursion for 3 day groups
Week 10 - Singalongs and picnics - B2 (12/12), Y2 (13/12), G3 and R3 (14/12), Y3 and B3 (15/12) and R2 and G2 (16/12).
Did you know that Gordon Community Preschool is an EXCEEDING Early Childhood Education and Care provider?
During Term 4, 2015 GCP had a ratings and assessment visit. Jackie the assessor observed, read policies and spoke to children, staff and parents. She looked at each rooms programme, centre wide approaches, practices and the general operation of our preschool. Our assessor was in the rooms and with Felicity, our director for 2 days. GCP was rated against the seven national quality standards (NQS) and received an exceeding rating in all seven of the quality areas. This is a massive achievement and is a true acknowledgement of the high quality of education and care we provide for our 4 rooms of children. The rating can be viewed on the my child website. If you are interested, the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) website has more information in regards to the ratings process.
Our latest issue of mini Gordonews (Term 3 Newsletter) is hot off the press, available here for more information and to download.
Fun day is done and dusted for 2016!
A HUGE thank you to all our parents, friends, staff and community members for making Fun Day such an amazing community building event. It was wonderful to see the families making connections and running a stall together. As you know, any event takes time, energy, passion and commitment. Our 2016 team had oodles of that! A HUGE thank you to the team headed by Sarah and everyone who worked behind the scenes to make this GCP event such a success. We also thank our wonderful sponsors and stall holders, without you, Fun Day wouldn't have been possible. We are still working out final fundraising figures, so stay tuned!
Extended hours in 2017!
- Excellent staff:child ratios with well qualified educators - higher than the regulatory standard
- Our preschool employs two Mandarin speaking teachers on a part time basis. Susan is available to help translate during parent-teacher meetings
- Large natural play space, beautiful garden, plenty of shade
- Strong community focus with opportunities for families to connect with one another
- Close to public transport
- Varied and rich programme including regular incursions and excursions
- Scheduled parent-teacher catch up meetings where educators provide information about children's progress, development and preschool experience
- A 'Buddies Programme' in term four for children heading off to school the following year. A programme aimed at helping facilitate a smooth school transition
- Our programme is underpinned by the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
For more images see the gallery