Welcome to Gordon Community Preschool
Gordon Community Preschool is a non profit, community based preschool providing care and education for children aged 3 to 5 years. Operating for over 60 years, the preschool is set in the grounds of the former home to the King family, retaining much of its original warmth and character. We have a long established history within the local community and also place a value on building a sense of community amongst the preschool children, families and educators. The preschool is managed by a Board of Management comprised of preschool parents who work in conjunction with the preschool Director.
Gordon Community Preschool stands on the land of the Guringai people. We welcome families from all cultures and ethnic backgrounds. We aim to honour and respect diversity.
Our preschool at a glance
- Excellent staff:child ratios with well qualified educators - higher than the regulatory standard
- Our preschool employs two Mandarin speaking teachers on a part time basis. Susan is available to help translate during parent-teacher meetings
- Large natural play space, beautiful garden, plenty of shade
- Strong community focus with opportunities for families to connect with one another
- Close to public transport
- Varied and rich programme including regular incursions and excursions
- Scheduled parent-teacher catch up meetings where educators provide information about children's progress, development and preschool experience
- A 'Buddies Programme' in term four for children heading off to school the following year. A programme aimed at helping facilitate a smooth school transition
- Our programme is underpinned by the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
This year our doors will be open from 8am to 3:30pm. Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday for 3 year olds and Mon/Tues/Wed or Wed/Thur/Fri for 4 year olds.